Friday, January 18, 2013

Heart Candles

I love the LED candles you can find lately at local home stores.  They still have a waxy outside that smells faintly of vanilla, but there's none of that wax mess and waste you get from regular candles.  However, they're just so plain and screaming for some color.  So, I answered by dressing some up and giving them a little "love."


For a little Valentine's Day flair, I added a red vinyl heart, a strip of Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and some cranberry twine from the Baker's Twine Harvest Assortment to my LED candle.  I found the glass candle holder at a local craft store and spray painted it in a black gloss.  I love how the project turned out!

You can find these candles and holders at On a Whim Boutique in Lucketts, Virginia, where I'm selling a few pieces in a friend's booth.  


No comments:

Post a Comment