Monday, October 15, 2012

Seasons' Bounty Favors

Fall is such a beautiful, colorful time of year.  Here in Northern Virginia, the leaves are turning beautiful shades of yellow, orange, red and brown.  I made these fall favors for the teachers who will visit my "Career Day" presentation this Thursday at my sons' school.  I wanted to share the beauty of Fall with these caring professionals!

 
The sentiment reads, "May the bounty of the season fill your heart and your home" from Quick Cards-Bountiful Season Stamp Set (A1130). 
 
To create the favor "box," I inserted my Artiste Cartridge (Z1790) into my Cricut and used the Card feature, Thanksgiving button and cut it at 3 1/2 inches.  I was able to get three to each piece of Goldrush Cardstock (1243). I used Desert Sand Ink (Z2118), then used Sponge Daubers (Z726) to add Ruby (Z2170) and Olive (Z2137) Inks to the leaf and swirls.  When they open the favor, this is what they find inside:
 
 
Who doesn't love Tic Tacs?  I combined "Cherry Passion" and "Apple" Tic Tac packs to create this fun fall mix.  But, what about the kids?  Thanks to my pal and Let's Get Fancy teammate, Chrissy Curtis, for the moustache on a stick suggestion!
 
 
I made 180 of these little moustaches using my Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Accent 2, Shift at 1 inch.  Using Auto Fill, 30 moustaches were cut on each piece of Black Cardstock.  Both favors are cute and inexpensive crafts.
 
Wish me luck on Thursday!  I'll try to post a photo of the event on my blog on Friday.  And, enjoy the beauty and bounty of Fall! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment