Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

We spent Father's Day down at Lake Anna with my parents.  It was a great couple of days.  We boated, rode the "tube", and the boys fished a lot with my dad.  As an only child, my dad is thrilled to have two little grandsons who love to fish and do outdoor activities, just like him.  Here's a Father's Day card I made at Melissa Laverty's house (http://fancymelissa.com/) a few days before:


Isn't it just too cute?  Melissa cut out the bow ties using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge banner feature and melding them together with her Gypsy.  The paper pack is Victory and works perfectly with this masculine card.  It's too precious!

And, I can't help but share these pics of my boys and their "big" catches.  The top photo is my dad with my youngest son holding his first bass!  The bottom photo is my dad helping my older son take off a tiny blue gill.  Those blue gill would hit the second the worm was dropped in the water.  My dad could barely keep up with taking the fish off the hook and rebaiting the worms.  Needless to say, it was his perfect Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment