Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Great American Scrapbook Convention

Last Friday, I spent the day at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly, VA.  The moment I walked in and saw the nearly 100 vendor booths, I knew two things.  1) I was going to see a lot of cool scrapbooking stuff and 2) I was going to need a Xanax!  All of that creative energy is awesome, but it's overwhelming, too.  I immediately want to reproduce everything I see and then I start to feel stressed about how precious little creative time I have.

But, then I started with my classes.  And that feeling of calming zen came over me, which happens when I'm engaged in creating something I really enjoy.  I took three classes, one by Susan Frase and two in the afternoon by Kimber McGray.  Oh my goodness, that Kimber McGray has some fabulous ideas and her spunk and wit reminds me of FancyMelissa.  So, of course, I adored her!

Here is my favorite card made during the Get Interactive! class I took with Kimber:


See that little telephone circle?  It's a penny slide!  Using two pennies and a little square of foam tape, the circle slides along the kraft tag.  Super cute, huh?  I'll show you a few more cards and a gorgeous acrylic project I made at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention in the next couple of weeks.  I can't wait to see how the ideas and techniques I learned will work and look on my favorite paper...Close To My Heart's, of course!


If you want more information on Kimber McGray and her great card ideas, check out her blog, Whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment