Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was just perfect!  I got to sleep in, read in bed and then enjoy a wonderful breakfast with my family.  My girlfriend, Betsy, made me cinnamon rolls for my birthday earlier in the week and I decided to save them for Mother's Day.  They were absolutely amazing!  She got the recipe from Pioneer Woman, here's the link to the recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

After breakfast, I opened some awesome gifts that I will blog about later this week, for now I'll just say my husband is a thoughtful genius.  My parents came around lunchtime and we headed to the Frederick Keys baseball game, where my boys got to parade around the field for their "Keys to Reading" program.  Here's a photo of them with their good friend after receiving their certificates:


After the game (Keys won!), we headed home for a short nap before going out to dinner.  What a great day!

My mom and mother-in-law both seemed to really enjoy their gifts.  Here's a picture of the card I made for my moms and grandmothers, using the stamp set from the Lucy WOTG.



What did you do this Mother's Day?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Michelle! So glad the cinnamon rolls could be part of your mother's day.

    ReplyDelete